Performance measurement for today’s dynamic multi-stakeholder environment
Finance skills are key in any successful business. Traditional finance skills were developed over many years in a largely stable, slow-moving environment. Today’s world is much more fast-moving and requires adaptation by business. This short course will demonstrate how finance skills can be updated for the 21st Century.
On this short course you will:
- Learn how to read the three key financial statements:
- Income Statement
- Cash Flow Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Consider the different sources of information about a company
- Find out about critical thinking on reading the management narrative
- See how traditional financial tools need to be adapted for a dynamic environment
- Learn about the difference between shareholder value creation and stakeholder value creation
- Consider the importance of corporate purpose in the 21st Century
- Learn about how human, social and natural capitals compliment financial capital
- See how performance measurement tools can be adapted to a stakeholder value creation approach
The course has been designed primarily for finance professionals who want to understand how their skills can be adapted for today’s dynamic, multi-stakeholder environment. We also believe that other professionals should follow the course as finance skills are essential for all professionals.
I look forward to accompanying you on this exciting journey.